Tuesday 6 January 2009

I know the picture's crap!!

Posted by PicasaThe picture's poor but the conditions were pretty awful when I took it, it was about 8pm. It was heavy snow and it was about halfway up Glentress Red route. Baz had phoned me about 3 pm to say did I fancy a trip to Glentress at night, as if I would turn down the chance, so we set off at 6.30 pm with the odd small snowflake here and there. Halfway down and the temperature dropped to zero and it started snowing in earnest. By the time we reached Glentress there would be an inch and a half of snow at the bottom car park where we parked. We decided against the Black route (a wise choice as it turned out) and stuck to the Red, but the higher we went the deeper the snow became until it was almost impossible to cycle in it. Only other mountain bikers will know how much fun this is (I think!!), I know my sanity is frequently called into question. Anyway, good training for Baz and good acclimatisation for the Strathpuffer Challenge!!

1 comment:

Pyatshaw said...

sounds like a fun night out?!!!
oh well, whatever makes your wheels go round!