Wednesday 18 February 2009

Worn chains and gears etc.

To the non-biker this will be extremely boring, but what the hell, here we go! At the weekend I had chain slip which indicated either (1) a worn chain, (2) worn front chain rings, (3) worn rear cassette,or (4) the whole goddamn lot were knackered. I started off by replacing the chain which had obviously seen better days. This resulted in even worse chain slip on the front two inner chain rings which had to be then replaced as well. The upshot of this was the chain was jumping on the three highest gears of the cassette, but performing ok on the rest of the gears. Being a tight old git I reckoned that maybe if I changed the three high gears on the cassette with three from an old one which looked fairly good I might just get lucky and save myself about 35 quid for a complete cassette.............and guess what.........it works!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: