Sunday 5 April 2009

All on my ownio

As Baz and Clive my two usual biking compadres were both on holiday I was forced(?) to do a ride on my own this morning. The slicks were still on the wheels so I kept on the tarmac and did a 32 miler up and around the villages of Carrington and Temple and the numerous reservoirs that are up in the hills of Midlothian. I've been fascinated by Temple's name and the photo shows the ruin of an old church alongside a newer one on the edge of the village. Could this be the origin of its name or is there something else in the distant past...............

1 comment:

Pyatshaw said...

If you look up this link you'll find some history of Temple. I think I might give the place a visit now that you brought it to my notice!
http://www.templevillage.org.uk/temple/history.html