Sunday 3 May 2009

Records tumble at Glentress!

The records that were set just the other night were shattered today at Glentress. Clive took the lead from the start and set a blistering pace for the first 4 miles up the black route. Baz then shot off along the goat track where he's always fast and left Clive and me back a bit and as Clive was experiencing drive train problems (or so he said!!) none of us could catch the blighter on the climb to the mast.

Baz set a new record of 1.01.45 while I set a new old codger record of 1.02.52 to actually move into second place in the fastest times stats..

I've no doubt Clive isn't going to take this lieing down, so watch this space, though I've had enough of racing up there for a bit!

The new bike performs even better than I'd hoped, fantastic , when you consider I've knocked 13 minutes off my previous best time.

A few mishaps today, Baz misjudged a corner at a steep chute and came off and whilst I was observing this I managed to hit the banking and come to grief as well!

The pictures of the times were just too grainy for even my standard of photography to post but for any doubting Thomases they're stored on the computer.

No comments: