Thursday 28 May 2009

Ten Under The Ben here we come

The trainings all been done, the waiting's nearly over and the gear's all packed. I've never prepared for something so thoroughly for years and with the new bike I'm really looking forward to this event. For the non mountain bikers, Ten Under The Ben is a ten hour race/event held in the shadow of Ben Nevis at Fort William where contestants see how many laps of a roughly ten mile course they can complete in ten hours. You can take part solo, in pairs, as a trio, or as a foursome. Baz and I are taking part as a pair (naturally!) and qualify by a few months for the senior veteran class!! Should be interesting..........................

3 comments:

Gennasus said...

Good luck!

Pyatshaw said...

Good Luck from me too. Some people might say you should be taking things easy at your age, you old codger, but I say, "Good on yer!")
Hope you and the young'un do well! What's your mobile no. so as I can phone during the race to see how you're coping?

jakay said...

Haven't you heard, you're not allowed to drive and be on the phone at the same time?!!