Sunday 13 September 2009

Crash of the year, the winner is......CLIVE!!!

Don't know what was worse, the damaged knee or the damaged pride!

The final resting place, facing backwards of his ill timed jump!


Seeing someone on a mountain bike perform two somersaults and still be attached to the bike when they landed upside down is not something you'll see everyday. Today, Clive, after going down whats probably the most technical part of our route unscathed, decided to do a spectacular jump on his bike into a very large pool of water and completely soak me, this, by the way on a perfectly flat bit of forest track. As it was I saw his cunning plan and held back to witness the best crash I think I've ever seen that the victim was able to get up from, albeit with a bit of cursing, and walk away. My initial reaction as I watched him cartwheel was to say to myself "Bugger, that would have made a really good picture!", then it changed to "are you all right?" and judging by the language, he was, and finally dissolving into fits of laughter as he hopped around rubbing various parts of his anatomy. Of course we had to re-enact his final landing position but I was still laughing so much the picture is a bit blurred.

2 comments:

RBA said...

I suspect Dean Richards has been involved with that knee.......

Pyatshaw said...

You still have a little way to go to become a blogger--1st class. Always go with the first reaction and GET THAT PHOTO!!!

Glad to hear Clive was able to walk away from the crash scene unaided!