Monday 12 October 2009

Wildlife in the dark

I did a 13 mile cross country cum road ride tonight and saw more wildlife in just over an hour than can usually be seen throughout the day. For a start going along the track through Bluebell Wood I could hear something running alongside me just to my left. Suddenly a huge (in my opinion anyway it was huge!) badger appeared in the track in front of me and proceeded to scurry along with its strange scratchy sort of gait just in front of the bike. Fright number two was when I was coming back down the road into Roslin Glen at a fair rate of knots and two deer did a kamikaze dash right across the front of me. In between these two scares there were numerous sightings of probably several hundred rabbits and the odd fox out on the prowl. I think I'll have to mount a camera on the handlebars in readiness for all this nighttime activity.

3 comments:

Gennasus said...

I can't believe you didn't get photos!

jakay said...

holding a camera while riding a bike in the dark on a 12 inch wide rough track at a fairish speed aint easy!!!

Gennasus said...

A really DEDICATED blogger would find a way! Please try harder.