Sunday 23 January 2011

A mixture of ice and mud in the Pentlands


Baz and Clive enjoy the view of Glencorse resevsoir.

Posted by PicasaA 6 am start again this morning and just a hint of frost lower down but once we climbed higher into the Pentlands we came across ice here and there, it makes biking more interesting especially in the dark! Instead of going round Black Hill today we cut back a track we'd never been on before and encountered quite a bit of mud as well as some hairy narrow tracks with a steep fall away to the side, no injuries to report though but a fair bit of mud deposited on my back garden when we washed the bikes after we'd finished!
25 miles today and the majority of that was off road and reasonably hard going, I weighed myself after we'd finished and discovered I'd lost 1 and 1/2 pounds since last week. A few weeks to go before I'm back at my fighting weight then!

1 comment:

Pyatshaw said...

Interesting background on the new look blog!