Sunday 17 May 2015

New front Mudhugger passes its first test with flying colours

Fed up with water and dirt flung up in my face I purchased the front Mudhugger extended version and it got a good try out today in wet miserable conditions

A picture taken mid week when the weather was a bit better showing the start of the bluebell season in Bluebell Wood

The descent down from the seven steps, the near frozen rain threatened to take the skin off our faces

Baz, just after the river crossing, he kept his feet dry.....I didn't and had frozen feet all the way home

5.30am start this morning and it wasn't long till the rain started driven by a strong wind. The temperature never rose more than a few degrees above freezing, don't you just love the Scottish weather in mid May!!
Fed up with constantly having rain etc. up in my face from the front wheel every time I did any fast descending I bought an extended version of the front Mudhugger and it got a good trial today, passing with flying colours. It's going to stay on permanently and if this crap weather continues the back Mudhugger will be going back on again as well for the rest of the so called "summer"! 26.5 wet and cold miles this morning, by the time we got home my hands were so cold I couldn't unfasten my helmet!

No comments: