Sunday 12 July 2015

Every cloud (or mishap) has a silver lining!

Me and Baz's 29er

Me and Baz's 29er yet again!

Baz, Rebus his faithful pooch and his moon boots which he'll be wearing for about the next 2 months!

As a result of trying to relive his youth and show a workmate how he was once one of the best young badminton players in Britain, Baz managed to rupture not one but both achilles tendons at the same time. This is virtually unheard of but Baz being Baz managed to do both! The upshot of this is he'll not be on a mountain bike for 6 months at least maybe longer so he's kindly given me his Giant Anthem 29er to ride on until he's recovered. I'm already a convert to the 29er wheels and this morning had a PR down a descent I've been doing for the last 3 or 4 years. Already I'm wondering how I'm going to manage back on a 26er once he's recovered, Watch this space........  

No comments: