Sunday 17 September 2017

Crash, bang, wallop.....again!!!

I reckon I got off pretty lightly after I came off when my front wheel washed out on a greasy banking as I came down the track to Eastside farm. Embarrassingly my departure from riding a bike to having my bike cartwheel over me was witnessed by the farmer who enquired when we met him a few minutes later if I'd taken a tumble, I swear he was laughing as he drove off in his Landrover!
However apart from a couple of grazes around my knee a liberal coating of muck and sheep shit I live to ride another day, in fact we did another 10 miles. 

Prior to the off we'd climbed up to the bottom of West Kip on a morning that could only be described as "dreich"! 

How I'd hoped I might catch Barrie to have an over the bars moment here but apart from his back wheel lifting as the front one went in a hole nothing else happened!!
Considering I'd only had just over 4 hours sleep after being at a wedding the night before I think I acquitted myself OK and I'll put my accident down to fatigue, though Barrie thought lack of skill was more appropriate, September continues to disappoint on the weather front, I'm beginning to think it could be a rough winter.....

No comments: