Wednesday 6 September 2017

Dumyat in the Ochil Hills

Barrie and I have had a hankering after a ride in the Ochil Hills for some time now with Dumyat in particular being the favourite so Paul who did the West Highland Way with us and who lives in Dunblane was contacted to help us out.
The start from Paul's house in Dunblane




Roughly half way up Drumyat and already Paul was suffering from cramp!
Barrie, Garry and I reached the summit, Paul said we would meet up on the descent, it seemed like a scene from Scott of the Antarctic and Captain Oates!!
Captain Oates had recovered and showed us some of his biking skills on the way back down through the woods 

Unfortunately my biking skills didn't match Paul's and I did an embarrassing face plant in front of the other three!
 Barrie happily points out where I met my Waterloo, which on reflection doesn't look particularly technical! That was the end of the photos as the Go Pro came to grief in the crash but we all made it back to Paul's house in more or less one piece with me probably sporting the most injuries, but as we always say "it's always a good ride if there's a bit of blood "

No comments: