Saturday 11 October 2008

Tweed in spate


Out this morning at 8 am and did a 12 mile road ride, the highlight of which was to peddle back up Roslin Glen brae without dropping below 7 mph, a first for me! Mind you I hate to think what my heart rate was when I reached the top.

We went to Peebles (in the car) after breakfast and parked on the outskirts so that we could walk down by the River Tweed, gee whiz was it in spate, and by the looks of things it had been about 18 inches higher yesterday or overnight. I suppose with all the rain we've had this week it was only to be expected. Note the appropriate spelling of "cold" in the piccy!!

We stopped at a small tearoom outside the village of Eddleston on the way home and had the compulsory coffee and piece of cake, the tearoom reminded me of holidays in the Highlands more years ago than I care to remember where there were numerous similar tearooms always stocked with home baking mmmm.........

Off to get the bike ready for tomorrows Glentress ride.

1 comment:

Pyatshaw said...

is the water ever "biling" in Scotland?