Thursday 27 November 2008

A quick blast over to Roslin tonight to test out the anti-puncture goo I treated the bike wheels to. Everything appears fine with them. though I suppose if the stuff works and I do pick up a thorn or a piece of glass I'll be none the wiser!
The reason for this experiment was last nights' disastrous ride. I set off, and crossing the local park on my way to the cycle path I must have picked up a thorn from the hedge that had been recently trimmed. It was only a very slow puncture which cunningly waited till I was about two miles out before making its presence felt. Needless to say I'd forgotten to take either a pump or a spare tube so a two mile walk home was the result. Now I don't mind walking, and I don't mind biking. but walking with a bike just seems so pointless...........

1 comment:

Pyatshaw said...

I suppose you DID have your little helmet light so it was not all doom and gloom (pardon the pun!)