Sunday 7 December 2008

Too icy today!!

The blunt truth is........ today was just too icy for comfort. We tried to make a go of Glentress today but the elements won hands down! It was -4 when we started at the bottom and the icicle which formed on my nose remained there for the nine and a half miles we managed to struggle round. At one point both Baz and myself were lying in a heap together, victims of yet another icy corner.
We decided to concede defeat to Mother Nature, who seems determined to prove the global warming theorists completely wrong this year. No photos today yet as I've still to get to grips with the technology of my new camera phone, but there should be a good one of Baz entangled under his bike when I master it!
The plus side was we got back early and were able to do some much needed maintenance work on the bikes.

No comments: