Sunday 1 March 2009

Back in action at Glentress

Baz and I had a trip down to Glentress last Monday night and discovered it was now snow free, so this was the first Sunday morning ride there for about 6 or 7 weeks. We set off at the usual godforsaken time of 5.30 am which normally has the best weather of the day, but not TODAY. It rained nearly the whole ride and the temperature was hardly ever over 6 Celsius so we were in the words of a true Scot "pretty clerty" by the time we were finished. There were a few demons to be faced today, first one was for a picture of Clive clearing his Nemesis, a stone he had trouble with for quite some time, (and me managing to take a picture of him doing it!). I managed the picture today but due to the drizzly rain it was a bit blurred, I'm blaming the rain anyway! The next demon was on the steps near the end of the goat track where I came off at the start of December and had walked down since then, well today I cleaned it, though to be truthful I did sweat a bit as I did it.

We managed 23 miles in just under 3 hours riding time and the washing machines had to work overtime after we got back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seem to remember that it hasn't been my nemesis for months now, its got to have been 4 or 5 months of you trying to take photos and failing. This has ranged from many video clips of your foot and a few snaps of my rear wheel.