Sunday 26 April 2009

The Giant VT bows out with style

Today was the last roundup for my GiantVT and it performed admirably with another climb to the top of the black route at Glentress in 1 hour 15 minutes yet again! It's going south to Cardiff to make a new life for itself in Wales, I'm sure there's a good few years in it yet. In its place there's a new bike coming (of course), a Trek Fuel Ex 8 which had better perform as well as its predecessor, or else!! This has still to be revealed to "her indoors" and as I'm getting it on Thursday the day of reckoning is fast approaching!

Today was as dry as its been for at least a year, what a difference, and the highlights were (1) our attempts to cycle up a particularly steep section of Redemption, unsuccessfully I might add, and (2), Baz's over the handlebars as he demonstrated to Clive and me a bit of dirt jumping! The sight of him disappearing over a heap of gravel head first will be remembered for some time, we refuse to accept it as a "technical dismount"!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeek - you didn't tell your readers that I have our record to the mast of 1h 14 min 07 sec on Sunday. Might I also add (bragging badly) that I hold the fastest ride on the old route too of 54 min 55 sec. Clive

jakay said...

Didn't think it interesting enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duncan said...

Granpops I am sure you will be able to slaughter these records on your new bike, especially with the rath of granma behind you. Maybe you better come to Cardiff with the old Giant as well!!!!!