Wednesday 19 January 2011

Painful but necessary!


I'd hoped in vain that I'd manage through the winter without changing all my drive gear on the bike but Sunday's ride was enough to convince me that the time had come to bite the bullet and hit the credit card. So onto the net and a quick look about for the best deal and in no time at all the deed was done....ouch!! On Tuesday morning the postman knocked with a package which was quickly concealed from the other half (she doesn't understand how much chain slip can affect one's confidence) and last night the cassette, front chain rings, refurbished bottom bracket, I did that myself, and new chain went on. Result from a quick spin round the block seems OK, but a more serious ride tonight will be better at finding out any more problems. Oh I forgot, I changed the back inner gear cable too, as well as fixing the sender on the bike computer.........surely cant be anything else to go wrong........
Posted by Picasa

No comments: