Saturday 12 November 2011

What a way to celebrate my birthday!

Roger does the river crossing or "bike wash" as its now known!

Toiling manfully up the last muddy stretch to West Kip
.
Off out this morning, my birthday, with two mates, Dougie and Roger for a jaunt up the Pentlands with Roger kitted out with his video camera to record me coming off in the mud at some point of the ride! I feel really bad as the only time I did fall off, when a hole in my shorts caught on the nose of the seat as I dismounted, Roger had fallen behind so the moment was lost. It would have been a cracker as I wiped out Dougie and his bike at the same time! The weather made the ride as well, a short rain shower to start with but then clear blue skies later.
Night-time and Clive and me headed back up Castlelaw again for another birthday ride, this time at a more leisurely pace, but we still managed a 15 miler to finish off a good day!

No comments: