Sunday 22 October 2017

More a storm in a teacup than real storms!

This is the track in May that I remember describing as "being as dry as I can remember", now it's like a bowl of soggy porridge.

I'd cycled through the water crossing and tried my best to encourage another biker to do the same but he chickened out at first till he discovered that it was less risky to bike through it than to try and cross any other way! He did make it but lacked conviction and put a foot down!!
I was chased by this cheeky bugger through the week and had to stop to reunite him with his owner, while we waited he started chewing my back mudguard!
Midweek and between mini storms the sun came out!
A bit of nonsense this morning with a discarded bit of sheep fleece!
This was 1.5 hours into the ride this morning , it was still pitch dark which made riding on narrow greasy rutty trails quite difficult!

That notorious water crossing again, at least it was daylight by the time we reached it and if you pick the correct line it's "nae bother"!

Nearly home and riding into what should be the sunrise, only it didn't appear till mid forenoon this morning.
A week in which we were promised two storms, one by the grand name of Ophelia and the second one by the ridiculous name of Storm Brian, both of them turned out to be damp squibs in our neck of the woods, I've seen more turmoil in my bathwater....

No comments: