Sunday 4 November 2018

Time drags when you're waiting on a new bike......

I ordered an ebike a week past Thursday, as mentioned previously I've been struggling to keep up with my younger and increasingly fitter riding buddies, so to avoid suffering a heart attack and ruining everyones bike ride I bit the bullet and after much(?) research did the fateful deed. Once you start to look into the subject of ebikes it becomes more and more complicated and the ones with everything from long travel to silent, lighter motors need a lottery win to finance them. Eventually I settled on a 2018 Trek Powerfly 7FS, £1300 cheaper than a 2019 model the only difference being the position of the battery and the fact there was one available in my size made it even more attractive. Not maybe the bike to be careering crazily downhill through the trees on but my main concern is climbing up steep trails and still being able to talk at the top (and even waiting on my fellow riders!) The bike was in the Alpine Bike shop in Aberdeen and was to be brought down by courier to a local bike shop in Edinburgh in a couple of days or so (they said after taking my deposit). After five or so days I phoned them up to be told it'll be here tomorrow (to me that meant they'd post it tomorrow as they'd messed up). Got a phone call on Friday to say the bike is now in Edinburgh all set up for you, tubeless etc. but they've sent the wrong keys with it, we'll have to wait till the correct keys are sent down from Aberdeen, it's the weekend of course so that's another day or two to wait......

I just hope all this waiting is worth while, I could be in my grave before the bloody thing arrives!

No comments: