Sunday 30 June 2019

Ebikes were made for hot weather!


It doesn't happen often in Scotland but just occasionally we get treated to some hot weather, it never lasts very long so we relish it all the more when it's here! This week it hit us, not as hot as further south but hot enough to make you think twice about long hard climbs on the bike.....unless you've got e-assist! So off up Black Hill I went to take in the views that are superb on a beautiful warm, sunny day and not have to spend most of the time wiping sweat from my eyes!



Glencorse reservoir looking good in the June sunshine

.

The descent from the Red Road was dry and fast, it's usually wet, greasy and tricky!



It's even faster when you reach a gate at the same time as a couple of hill walkers and they open it for you to speed through!



By Saturday the heatwave was on its way south again but Clive and I still managed a good ride in the Pentland Hills with the obligatory photo stop at the viewpoint down to the Howe and Loganlea reservoir.

Hopefully the hot days aren't over for us just yet, I really like the fact that the ebike gives so much more challenging climbing in the heat without the need for frequent stops to recover. Off on holiday this next week to hotter a climate than I'm used to and as it's unlikely I'll be able to hire an ebike I'll have a week of rest!







1 comment:

Jack said...

Great blog. I've learnt many things from this blog. I love Mountain Bikes, While buying a mountain bike, there are two types of people. You can read more info about Best Mountain Bikes review at workoutgadget.com. Best of luck