Saturday 26 October 2019

When the dredded error code comes up on your ebike display....

I was going out on the ebike nearly 10 days ago,switched on the power and jumped on but no surge of energy from the bike, I looked down at the display and there it was...ERROR 500. I tried every variation and combination of buttons I could, took out the battery, switched it off and on but no success. Needless to say every Trek dealer I phoned was either on holiday or fully booked for the next month. After scouring the internet that night I discovered four local-ish Bosch service dealers and by chance phoned one who wasn't too busy and could look at it in a couple of days. The upshot is the motor's goosed but still under warranty and Bosch have said they'll replace the motor in the next few days , so I hope to be reunited with my ebike by the middle of next week. In the meantime I've been biking on my non ebike, a Giant Anthem and discovering once again just how steep some of the climbs are up the Pentland Hills when you've no assistance to power you on, next week can't come quick enough!



This was taken on my last trip before the fault developed, I wouldn't like to try it unassisted any more!



The old faithful, at least it doesn't develop error codes!



Two guys Roger and I met today on their ebikes, envy didn't begin to describe how I felt!
Hopefully next week back aboard Ernie the ebike!!

No comments: