Sunday 5 January 2020

When you realise how slow you were before you had an ebike!


Out with Clive today who, admittedly hasn't done much on the bike lately but who used to leave me for dead on the bike, and discovered I had to wait for him on every climb while only using the lowest
  assist mode on the ebike, quite a revelation to discover!


Barrie and I did the 2 mile climb with 1000 feet of elevation yesterday in about 20 minutes and arrived at the top of it relatively fresh and ready to face, for me anyway, the perils of the descent back down to Peebles via the Ho Chi Min trail in the greasy muddy conditions that prevail just now!


The start of the trail showing the conditions, at least on the steep bits the water doesn't lie!


Further down there's Zoom or Bust for my limited abilities to contend with and I always congratulate myself on arriving at the bottom still in one piece...one of these days I probably wont!


New year came and went and 2020 began for us as we mean to continue, biking in the hills and falling off occasionally as Clive did up in the Pentlands when he blown off his bike in a gale force wind, if only I'd captured the actual moment when his bike went over his head, at least he wasn't injured , just his pride as Barrie had to untangle his legs from the bike!

So another year begins with the promise of more fun on two wheels in the hills!!




No comments: