Monday 5 October 2020

Over the bars and the bike on top of me, what's going to happen next?


Everything was going so well too, the photos of Barrie biking into the sunset etc....


The bike ridedown to the Howe, though it was a bit wet and greasy, maybe we should have been warned!

Anyway we decided to do Black Hill, the climb up the hard track, along the (very wet) top and the descent back down the east end of the hill.By the time we reached the track along the top darkness had fallen and we then discovered just how wet and boggy it was. Barrie went one way at a muddy section and I went the other, which was a bad choice as my front wheel sank past the axle, the bike stood on its nose and I went head first into a bog with the bike landing on top of me with a fairish thump! I had to shout on Barrie to come back, lift the bike off me and then help to haul me out of the wet soggy hole I was in. The journey home must be the most uncomfortable bike ride I've ever done, soaked from head to toe in a cold wind! Black Hill wont be tackled again till next summer!

A weekend of non biking has eased the memories and the pain a bit and I'm contemplating a ride as soon as I'm finished typing this! Funny how soon you forget your misery!!! 



 

No comments: