Monday 28 December 2020

The moment you think you should maybe keep off the bike till there's a change in the ground conditions......

The bike and Clive parted company on a sheet of ice and it was then I thought that could have been me and I might not have been as lucky as Clive and walked away unharmed, so the desicion wasn't hard tomake really!
pSFuqWM2I/AAAAAAAArgQ/6eKMQWqSlBQyobsD69K2oCSOEqDTsl1pQCPcBGAsYHg/s1785/GPTempDownload.jpg" style="display: block; padding: 1em 0; text-align: center; ">
We'd done the Penicuik House and then Silverburn ride, then up past Eastside Farm without too much hassle but it was on the final descents that we ran into a lot of ice and had a few dodgy moments where the back wheel threatened to overtake me at times! Earlier on the track along to Penicuik we stopped to help a woman with a punctured front wheel and successfully managed to repair it though the tyre was as tight as hell on the rim!

No comments: