Above is the extension added on to the previous extension which now appears to give me almost total cover (I hope).
Couldn't resist putting this photo up, taken yesterday with the self timer. I very nearly managed back on my bike as well!
After adding yet another 3 or so inches to my already extended Mudhugger I think I have now reached optimum length for mud protection from the rear wheel. It was tested yesterday in wet and windy weather and on inspection when I got home my backside was more or less splatter free. I think if I add any more to the bloody thing I'll have to have a flashing yellow light attached to it.