Monday 6 October 2008

First frost of the Autumn

My son arrived as usual, bright and breezy at the unearthly hour of 5.15am. My bodily functions have not kicked in and I'm still breakfasting on my soggies and then toast washed down with a mug of strong coffee! We eventually get out and load the bikes (3) onto the car, the third being Clive who lives next door to me and he appears looking somewhat dishevelled, apparently his youngest daughter had slept all night for once and in some strange way this had unsettled him.
Off to Peebles and Glentress where the temperature drops to minus 1.5, christ its cold!!
Four hours later we're finished, covered in mud. Clive with a few grazes from a fall and pretty knackered, we've done just over 25 miles and the thought of a bacon butty now seems the just the thing to finish off with.

1 comment:

Pyatshaw said...

daft beggars, when you could be sound asleep, cosy under the duvet.