Tuesday 7 October 2008

Last time in the Forth...........

Driving over the Firth of Forth Road Bridge today on my way to a customer in the Kingdom of Fife I was surprised to see just downstream of the Rail Bridge the Cunard liner the QE2 which is apparently making final visits around the British Isles before retiring to become a floating hotel (where else of course) in the middle east somewhere.
After a dreich (miserable for non Scots) day of rain, it faired off around late afternoon and I decided that a bike ride was the ideal medicine for a day of doom and gloom about stock markets and banks, is there any other news in the world at the moment? I've always been a great believer in burying my head in the sand when news of the the worlds impending disasters are broadcast non stop.
Anyway the bike ride went ahead, short and fast, about 7 miles, ideal preparation for a race I'm, meaning to enter soon which is a sprint compared to the marathons we usually do, but more of that later...........

No comments: