Thursday 9 October 2008

Night time riding

Went out tonight with Clive on the bikes , the purpose of which was to try out the lights we rigged up on the bikes and my cobbled together helmet light! Held together with what seemed like several miles of double sided tape I felt I could barely move my head when I put the helmet on, however I decided against a neck brace as this would have probably taken another hour to constuct!
Once out in the country and into the pitch dark we were reasonably impressed with the lights combined performance and did a 10 mile loop taking us through Roslin (home of Roslynn Chapel of Da Vinci Code fame) down Roslin Glen, up the other side, peching and panting. "Peching" by the way is Scots for ...... well,.... panting!!!!!
Back to the house for a shower and a jump on the scales, bollocks, I've put on 3 pounds since I last weighed myself, I'll have to cut out the sugar a bit more. This training is damned difficult as you get older.......................

1 comment:

Pyatshaw said...

Did you remember to remove all the gear you had taped to your head etc.?