Sunday 17 March 2013

A bit of Strava Challenge skulldudgery!

Conditions this week have been pretty horrendous, a pair of fur lined cycling boots are a definite must for next winter!

Cycling uphill through 4 inches of soft wet snow is a challenge in itself.

The Giro's Train Like Taylor Challenge which is organised by Strava has taken up all my attention this past 2 weeks. I'm being accused of being obsessed by it and to be completely honest that's true! But then I'm in the top 30 in the world that's taking part, the top 5 registered in the UK taking part and actually number 1 worldwide in my age group!! So I think my OCD is at least partially excused in that I'm going to see the bloody thing through to the bitter end and see where I finish! The slightly devious bit is that , and I don't think I'll be alone in this, I'm not posting all my hours of riding until the challenge finishes tonight so that someone else can see my finished times and go out and beat me by a minute or two, I bet I'm not the only one!
More of the results later........

No comments: