Thursday 13 September 2018

The things you see on a mountain bike.... a man in full Highland regalia with his bagpipes halfway up a mountain!


Don't know if he was about to play some mournful dirge to some late lamented soul or if he was being filmed for some commercial advert, but he very kindly conjured up a smile for my camera even though his teeth were chattering with the cold!


Mad Max was back on one of his infrequent visits, mainly to test out his new 1x10 drive chain and pronounced himself satisfied with the result, a few more rides are planned before he heads back south to resume terrorising the natives south of the border!


I've taken to adding in this short section of track if I'm out on a solo ride, it's not overly technical but has interesting little obstacles to ride over and duck under and most of all.... it's sheltered if it's a windy day!


Last weekend Barrie and I did the climb from Boghall Farm to the top of Allermuir and it was probably the driest I've ever seen it, the resulting photo taken at the summit in no way shows just how knackered I was. The descent, however, made up for the pain of the climb!


No comments: