Sunday 17 March 2019

E-bikes cope with snow and ice pretty well


The ride this morning which I did solo, I don't think it would have been very enjoyable on a non e-bike down to the conditions which consisted of ice and frozen snow. The e-bike gives you the power on climbs to attack icy sections with a bit of speed and lay off the power when you hit the sketchy bits.


I had to stick the bike back up about four times to take the photo as the strong wind kept blowing it over!


With the camera positioned on a convenient post I managed to take a reasonable selfie to display my new bright green helmet, handy in case I fall into deep snow, it should show up quite well!


This clumsy looking bit of kit is my homemade stand for keeping the e-bike upright while I was the mud off it. No marks for style but hey it does the job and cost nothing!

A rubbish week of weather again ending with snow on Saturday which turned to ice on Saturday night, but at least I did get some miles in on Sunday morning. On the plus side its to improve this coming week so hopefully a bit more e-biking to be had!




No comments: