Saturday 1 June 2019

Flat pedals with spikes can be lethal if you're not careful!


The gash on the shin is the result of not paying enough attention to the trail I was riding on. The front wheel hit a large stone, stopped dead and my foot came off the pedal which then proceeded to rip the front of my shin with the grip spikes. Memo to self..... pay more attention to what lies ahead!



After a week of almost constant rain the trails at Glentress were wet and muddy in parts with the result that our backsides were coated in mud by the time we finished.



Barrie hit on the novel idea of sliding down a grassy banking to clean his shorts, much to the amusement of some bystanders!



The result was a cleaner backside than he had before but I'd be very doubtful if this is a trend that will catch on, maybe we'd just be better fitting the back mudguards on a day like today.



This is my own invention which doesn't really protect my back from mud but does protect some of the bikes' components at least' and it was made from a redundant old back mudguard so it didn't cost anything!



A trip up the Pentlands on one of the few dry periods early in the week' it's now fun with the ebike to go up trails which previously I only did downhill, it's a whole new ball game with an ebike!





No comments: