Sunday 9 June 2019

Sometimes the water's just too deep for an ebike


I've cycled through this water crossing more times than I care to remember but on Wednesday night there was no way was I going to attempt to pedal an ebike through about 2 feet of fast flowing water over rocks I couldn't see!



After a week of sometimes torrential rain this normally quiet dribbly waterfall actually looked quite impressive and well worthy of a picture!



A blatant disregard for health and safety regulations but it was the only way I could get close enough to the waterfall to get a decent photo!



Friday morning was actually dry so I took the opportunity to try a route I'd been thinking about for some time. Up the Kirk Road track in the Pentlands then turn right up the summit of Carnethy, a steep climb which none of us has ever managed to clean on the acoustics. The look on this couples faces when I appeared up the rocky approach to the top was something else!

I managed just over my 100 miles target this week even though the weather was pretty hellish at times, but the beauty of the ebike is you can cram in a lot of miles in a short time unlike a normal bike, maybe we'll enjoy better conditions next week, you never know in Scotland!



No comments: