Sunday 26 January 2020

C'mon we'll do Black Hill (in the pouring rain/sleet) it'll be a short cut said Clive!


The final bit of the Black Hill climb proved too much for Clive on his non ebike and he resorted to pushing!
Clive suggested doing the Black Hill climb to cut a bit off our trip today, I asked him twice if he was serious as it's a brutal climb at any time far less when it's chucking down rain verging on sleet as we got higher up but he was adamant so off we set. The climb on the ebike made it relatively easy for me and Clive to his credit only gave up on the last 50 yards or so. The cycle along the track to the pump house  was greasy as hell and made for some interesting biking and with only one off I think we came down it rather well plus it was well worth it for the heart in the mouth experience it gave us!



Barrie and I did Glentresss on Saturday morning with Barrie having to use his non ebike as his electrified machine is in bike hospital awaiting a replacement part from the other side of the world !
He wasn't quite as keen as usual to do all the climbs we've been doing lately (I wonder why) but we still managed a good mornings riding.



Back, earlier in the week to my annual snowdrop dig to boost the snowdrop population in my garden back home, I'm always half expecting the heavy hand of the law on my shoulder as I plunder the snowdrops asking me if I have permission to harvest them! So far its not happened......

Last week the was relatively dry and the ground dried up quite a bit but the heavy rain this morning has it back a greasy as ever again and more rain is forecast for the week ahead....



No comments: