Sunday 19 July 2020

An epic trip on part of The Southern Upland Way


Barrie and I started in Peebles and cycled along the side of the river Tweed crossing it at  Cardrona before we went through Innerleithen and set of up the track just after Traquair.


It's a long hard grassy climb for at least a couple of miles and the ebikes certainly come into their own on this terrain.



Eventually after some downhill when we lost all that we'd climbed we reached the final hard climb before the mast, what the mast is for I've no idea, probably a mobile phone mast!


This is the trig point at the summit of Dunrig,I think, the highest we reached on our trip, but it would get no easier for a fair bit yet!


Some of the landscape resembled the moon and the bogginess on top of the hills was unbelievable at times!


At last we could see Peebles again which was just as well as my battery was running low and in actual fact ran out completely with about half a mile to go!
A great trip and next time I'm taking a spare battery so I can use a higher mode more often, but at least you sleep well after a hard bike ride like this!!





No comments: