Sunday 26 July 2020

First ride with an additional 300wh battery for back up


The ride we planned today was the first time I'd taken my new spare 300wh battery along with me to give me back up in case \I ran out of power which is highly likely now as Clive's bike has a 625wh battery and Barrie has a 625 on order, it's a big enough job keeping up with them so some spare power to go in a higher mode is very welcome! The photo above shows Penicuik House which in its day must have seen some high ranking gentry coming and going in horse drawn carriages!



Then through the village of Silverburn whose name has always fascinated me, just what is its connection with silver?


Soon we were on the hard climb up from Eastside Farm and I was able to use a high power mode here without fear of running out!


Black Hill was the next climb to benefit me with my extra battery and I could easily hold my own with Clive and Barrie as long as they didnt up their power level to the same as mine!!


The crazy steep climb up Bells Hill was done partly in turbo mode as I was by this time becoming a bit blaise  about the whole spare battery experience!

Eventually when I thought I dad more or less exhausted the 500wh battery I exchanged it for the 300wh one in my backpack the whole changeover taking only a couple or so minutes and made it home without depleting this battery too much, now for some even bigger ald longer rides without the worry of running dry!
And tomorrow a special backpack to carry a spare battery is due to arrive....life is good!!!





No comments: