Tuesday 23 March 2021

I’ve actually managed a temporary repair that’s quite good!

I took the drive side crank off and then removed the chain ring from the ebike motor. There was a fair bit of free play in the shaft and I managed to pump a little grease into the small space that
appeared when I put pressure on the other crank, turning it every so often the grease seemed to be entering the bearing which I presumed must be pretty grease free. An easy 10 mile ride this afternoon appears to have worked the grease well into the bearing which is now runnung quietly again and the free play has virtuall disappeared, a little more was pumped in tonight and another gentle test run is planned for tomorrow!
Halfway round the gentle test ride today, tomorrow another one slightly longer is planned

No comments: