Friday 5 October 2012

Autumn in the Pentlands (it's not any different from summer actually)

This photo taken this afternoon is as good as its got all year beside us. Apart from the (very) odd day its been a pretty poor summer and I noticed today on my travels that there's still a bit of wheat and barley to combine yet with evidence in the shape of deep tracks that the ground is just too wet at bits. Next years main event we've decided is to be the Isle of Man "End to End Race" which is just what it says on the tin in that it's a race from one end of the island to the other! Just so I'm prepared I've started my training already (the race isn't till next September!) you never know something else might come up before then. Today's Friday route covered just over 30 miles with over 2500 feet of climbing and I arrived home with a fairish amount of Pentland mud attached to my bike!

No comments: