Monday 6 October 2014

The weather's turning wet....what's new there?

This "ditch" has been bone dry all summer but after nearly 24 hours rain form Friday through till nearly mid-day Saturday things took on a different soggy character. Coming along the track at the side of West Kip's been a piece of cake lately but alas the water's running down the gullys and ditches again. Baz and his 29er crossed this one apparently with ease but I attempted the same bit on my more modest 26er and the front wheel just dug right in and in a second I was viewing the ground from a completely different angle! I did a sideways landing in the ditch of freezing cold mountain water and then had the embarrassment of having to stand while Baz took a photograph of my unfortunate appearance, thank God there wasn't any body else about. Still we managed over 27 miles and the rain stayed away for the whole of the ride.

No comments: