Sunday 22 September 2019

Glentress is made for ebikes and yesterday conditions were perfect!


A short stop for a quick photo of the sunrise at the top of Janets Brae after a quick climb up it!
The beauty of going with another ebike is the fact you don't have to hang around waiting at the top of the climbs, its get and go right from the start!



Just look at that weather! We certainly hit it lucky yesterday, this was Barrie and me on our way along to "Mild Peril"



Barrie disappears down the start of Mild Peril 




The end of the climb known as "Redemption", which at one time would have had us nearly on our knees but is highly enjoyable on the ebikes, in fact yesterday every climb I did came up as a PR on Strava!!



After another long climb we were up to the mast and ready for the final descent back down to Peebles.
A brilliant days riding slightly marred by me tearing a calf muscle as I jumped on the bike too quickly whilst crossing the footbridge over the Tweed about 100 yards from our vehicles, that means no biking for a week at least and maybe longer, however I've lots of memories from yesterday to keep me occupied. The weather looks like its taking a turn for the worse again so maybe I wont miss too much!






No comments: